Saturday 28 July 2007

Greetings from Dubai

I am on my way to Nairobi, Kenya to visit Li Chuang and Lisa and some sisters from Thailand. This is going to be my second trip to Kenya in two years. But this time I am travelling alone. Last year I was travelling with four others. I am meeting Charmaine there though. She is flying from Johannesburg. I don't really like to travel alone. But I guess this is a small price to pay in doing God's work.

For my first leg of the trip (Singapore-Dubai) I was allocated a window seat. When I bought the ticket I requested for an aisle seat (I like aisle seat) and I was given a seat number accordingly. However, when I arrived in the airport they changed my seat twice and I ended at a window seat. For some reasons, that particular seat was very cram. That was the down part. The good part was that the person sitting besides me was a nice person. We chatted a little bit asking about each other's trip. She and her husband (in their fifties I think) are from Scotland. They are on the way back to Scotland after a one-month holiday in Australia. I am very happy with myself that I initiated the conversation. I can be a very shy person. To me sitting besides a complete stranger is a completely different ball game as compared to getting to know a new visitor in the service.

Right now I am at Dubai airport for a 10-hour transit. Dubai is really a very busy airport. People are everywhere. Apparently there are quite a number of things we can do here including shopping, eating and going for message. Eugene Phang told me that there is a wireless connection available throughout the airport. He is right. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to write this blog entry.

If you are reading this blog entry I would appreciate your prayers. Pray as the Holy Spirit leads you. I am getting very excited. In my heart I am sensing that something very good is about to happen in Nairobi. Thanks in advance for praying. May the Kingdom advance powerfully in Kenya!

No comments: