Tuesday 7 August 2007

I am back from Nairobi...

I am back in Singapore. The trip to Nairobi, Kenya was most fruitful. I could see the hand of God moving before, throughout and after the trip. Thanks much for those who prayed and interceded for me, Charmaine and Team Nairobi. Please continue to pray for Team Nairobi as often as you can as your prayers can move their mountains.

Li Chuang and Lisa are doing well. God continues to provide for them. The ministry work continues to progress as well. It has been a privilege for me, AG4 district and AWAM to be able to partner with them to advance the Kingdom in Kenya. Li Chuang and Lisa gave us great hospitality during our stay there. They took care of us so well that I was a little bit embarrased by it. They are indeed some of the most giving people I have ever met in my life.

In this trip Charmaine and I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Esther and some time with Pooh. Esther and Pooh were from Hope Bangkok. They are now in Nairobi, Kenya as God gave them a vision for Kenya. I was greatly inspired and encouraged listening to Esther's sharing and testimonies. God gave her a vision for Kenya after she did a 40-day fast, just drinking milk. In the last 6 months things have not been easy for her (also for Pooh) but as she continued to hold on to God's vision and persevered she saw God's provision and intervention. Actually, there is another brother from Hope Bangkok, Kevin. However, he was in Bangkok when we were there. He will be coming back to Nairobi some time soon. Indeed it is most encouraging to see three young adults stepping out from their comfort zones to be involved in the work of missions.

In case you want to see how they look like here are some photos:

Esther and Li Chuang


Charmaine, Esther and I


Pooh (left), Kevin (right) and a friend (centre)


While I was in Nairobi God spoke to me from Ephesians 6 about the reality of the spiritual warfare. God spoke to me in a fresh way that the struggle is indeed not against flesh and blood. My heart was convicted to up prayers and intercession in Singapore both for the work in Kenya and Singapore. If you are from AG4 district and AWAM group and reading this blog entry please join me to pray and intercede regularly for the work of God in Kenya and Singapore. As the struggle is not against flesh and blood we can't fight the battle with our flesh and blood only. We must do all we can humanly possible and pray hard for God to move by His power.

Before I sign off here is one interesting photo. Indeed nothing is impossible for those who believe. Come and talk to me if you want to know the secret behind it. :)

Cheetah and me

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!! We will continue to rage warfare! So nice, the Cheetah looks cute, I always wanted to hug a lion, dont know how it feel like.. hee... Yolanda

mikeraditya said...

Yolanda, thanks for the amen! You are as supportive as ever. :) I think it is a bit too dangerous to hug a lion. But who knows? Daniel was in the lion's den. :)

Daydreamer, I am said...

Wow! I couldn't recognise which one is Lichuang until ur wife pointed to me! never saw her in long hair throughout the past 8 yrs when she was here! :O)

And the secret behind the close fellowship with cheetah... hmmm... I think u must be doing some prayer deliverance or counselling work on him? hehehe!

mikeraditya said...

Hi Fenny! Good to have you dropping by. Actually, I haven't yet reached the level of fellowship with the cheetah, just acquaintance level. May be I can try to up my level the next time I go back there, he he :)

Jeff Chong said...

Well done mike... May God add to you greatly as you serve both locally and globally!

mikeraditya said...

Thanks Ps Jeff for the encouragement. Appreciate all that you have done for me very much. :)

Anonymous said...

Ya ampun mas....untung kamu ga dicaplok sama itu Cheetah yah :P Well done!

mikeraditya said...

Halo Min, my good sister, good to see you dropping by. Semuanya okay in Melbourne? See you in October. :)