Monday 10 December 2007

Enriching Moments in East Malaysia

I just came back from Malaysia National Convention 2007 in Kuching. It was my first time stepping into East Malaysia and joining the convention. I thank God for some enrinching moments in the last few days.

Here are some of those moments:

* The churches in Malaysia have grown from strength to strength. They have now planted a seed community in every state in Malaysia. They have also recently made great progress in the international missions by planting churches in different parts of the world. The emphasis on missions was very strong throughout the convention.

* The wonderful interaction and fellowship time with the Malaysian pastors and co-ordinators through the different meal times. It was great to get to know Ps Dennis and Sister Hai Eng better in this MNC. I am touched by their great humility and servanthood attitude. It was great to be able to ask some specific questions to Ps Simon about his life and ministry experiences during some meal times as well.

* There were around 20 people from our Mandarin group attending the convention. In this convention I was able to get to know some of them better. It was good to be able to catch up a little bit with Jia Huey and Nigel, ex-my care group members when they were still in the Adults group some years ago. It's good to see them doing well in the Mandarin group.

* The opportunity to participate in the convention by teaching a workshop and sharing a testimony within Ps Jeff's teaching. It was a broadening experience for me. I am glad that they laughed at my jokes. :)

* Spending some quality time with Ps Jeff & Claudia. Ps Jeff didn't have to ask me to come along with him. He didn't have to make the various arrangements to enable me do something in the convention and that I would be taken care of while I was there. He didn't have to. But I am thankful to be part of a church and a family of churches that truly believe in the value of discipleship and covenant relationship. We don't just go to church but we do life together. Ps Jeff, if you are reading this, thanks very much for the constant love and impartation. What I have received I will pass on to others. :)

Back from MNC, it is time to rejoin my team to do our best for Jesus this Christmas!

"Jesus, please be with us once again, in an even greater way than last year. Without You we can do nothing. With You we can overcome and prevail through it all. Amen!"

4 comments:

Jeff Chong said...

Hey Mike, I was just spending some wonderful time with the youth at their camp. It was great to have you in the trip. I enjoyed you so much. Thanks for serving together and passing all the learnings on to others :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for being such an inspiring workshop teacher! Your life testimony and teachings have spurred me on to achieve higher heights for our Christ Jesus!

Now for the practical part :P ....praying to see new souls added into the Kingdom this Christmas! :)

mikeraditya said...

Ps Jeff, we look forward to many more years of serving together with you and Claudia. :)

mikeraditya said...

Hi Lana,

Thanks for dropping by and for the kind words. :)

It's been great knowing you in the MNC. You are very enthusiastic in serving God, warm and friendly. You are also an encourager.

Trust that God will continue to use you in an increasing measure.

Yes, may there be a great harvest of souls in Malaysia and Singapore this Christmas.

Thanks again for blessing us in the MNC. :)