Wednesday 16 January 2008

Strategies for Physical Energy Management

Lean Choo and I are currently in KL attending a conference with some others. We arrived in KL on Monday around noon time and will be leaving for Singapore on Thursday evening. The conference has been good thus far. However, I do not intend to blog about the conference at this point time.

Rather, I want to blog about some strategies for physical energy management taken from the Power of Full Engagement book (by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz).

1. Go to bed early and wake up early

2. Go to sleep and wake up consistently at the same times

3. Eat five to six small meals daily

4. Eat breakfast everyday

5. Eat a balanced, healthy diet

6. Minimize simple sugars

7. Drink 48 to 64 ounces of water daily

8. Take breaks every ninety minutes during work

9. Get some physical activity daily

10. Do at least two cardiovascular interval workouts and two strength training workouts a week

The above will be great reminders and pointers to me even as I am in the midst of changing my lifestyle. Eating differently and exercising regularly are the way to go for me. :)

4 comments:

Hiew Hong Teck said...

thanks mike for blogging this! great points!

The Recreation Corner said...

Oh no... I miss breakfast almost any other day =P

mikeraditya said...

Thanks Hong Teck for dropping by. I still remember your tip on how we should not eat after 9pm. I guess, we are on this together. :)

mikeraditya said...

Andrew, no worries. If you are fasting I am sure that God will protect you. :)