Thursday 10 January 2008

why I blog

I can feel it. I am slowly losing my momentum and desire to blog. This entry is stop and reverse that negative momentum. :)

I believe that when we are losing our momentum in doing something right/good it is helpful to remind ourselves why we do the thing in the first place. When we are connected to the "why" we would have greater motivation to press on.

Why do I blog?

1. Relevance

My team and I are pioneering young adults ministry in Hope Singapore. Many young adults blog. This is a lifestyle for many of them. As such, blogging helps me to be more relevant to the young adults world. I mustn't forget that I am a young adult as well. :)

2. It helps me

Blogging helps me. You see, though I do journal I journal occasionally. Blogging helps me to journal more regularly. Though I cannot write as freely in my blog as compared to when I write in my private journal (as it would be irresponsible for me to do so) at least I am jotting down some key happennings that are happenning in my life through blogging. Somebody once said something like "the weakest ink is stronger than our memory".

3. It helps me to connect to people

I am living amidst a fast moving urban world of Singapore. Usually, I am busy. And I seem to get busier each year. Sometimes I couldn't find as much time as I want to, to connect to different individuals. Blogging helps me to connect to people in some way even when I am unable to spend time with them directly.

Three reasons why I blog. The reasons may look simple but they are powerful in motivating me to continue on blogging.

One simple action point for me. I will attempt to blog twice per week. I will do it every Monday and Thursday mornings before I take care of my e-mails.

May God help me in this wonderful cause of blogging!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo mike!! Don't ever stop blogging! :) Your blog is a constant inspiration and a good reflection site for us (your readers!) Keep blogging yeah! :)

mikeraditya said...

Lana, good to hear from you. Thanks much for the encouragement. Appreciate it. :) Blessed new year to you and do keep up the good work over there!

Anonymous said...

Blessed 2008 to you and your family too!!! God is awesome and we're so excited to see a great harvest this year! Do keep us in prayer! Truly believe that prayer is the answer to all breakthroughs!

mikeraditya said...

Thank you & Amen! :)

The Recreation Corner said...

Ha ha... happy blogging! =p

mikeraditya said...

thanks Andrew. :)

Anonymous said...

hmm.. thanks for !