Monday 2 June 2008

District WFL - "A Faith Church"

I should have blogged this entry earlier. But a little late is better than never. :)

Last Tuesday, some of us completed our district WFL, "A Faith Church". This time round we only had one course but we may have more courses the next round.

I really want to take this time to affirm those who have invested their Tuesday nights (3 Tuesdays) to come and learn the Word of God together. I want to affirm those who invested their nights for Hope Sem, CLC1, CLC2 and ULC courses as well. Thank you for investing in Christian Education. I really believe that this investment is one of the most undervalued investment in the world.

I was trying to compose a song about faith and got somebody to sing it during the last session of the WFL class. However, I didn't manage to do it. But I did manage to come out with some raw work on the possible lyrics of the song. :) I think I should continue to work on it and get somebody to sing it one day.

The raw lyrics are below. Please feel free to give me ideas for improvement.

My Faith

Though my stomach is hungry
I will still praise Him
For my faith is not in food
My faith is in God

Though my boss scolds me
I will still praise Him
For my faith is not in my career
My faith is in God

Though I am sick and yet to be healed
I will still love Him
For my faith is not in a life of no pain
My faith is in God

Though no girlfriend/boyfriend appears before me yet
I will still love Him
For my faith is not in life partner
My faith is in God

Though my sheep and follow-uppes wound me
I will still serve Him
For my faith is not in rosy times
My faith is in God

Though my care group hasn’t seen new souls for years
I will still outreach
For my faith is not in failures
My faith is in God

Chorus

My faith is not in blessings
My faith is not in circumstances
My faith is not in failures
My faith is in God
My faith is in God’s Word
My faith is in His will and plan for me


It is my sincere prayer that each one of us will have the kind of faith that performs miracles. However, it is also my sincere prayer that we will also have the kind of faith that will sustain us through life trials and challenges.

There is one movie (not a very new movie) that I look forward to watch. The title is China Cry. It tells the true story of a lady of faith by the name of Nora Lam. Though she had to go through incredibly trying time because of her faith in Christ her faith remained strong and steadfast.






Do watch the movie as if you can (VCD or DVD) and do let me know where you got it from. :)

No comments: