Thursday 17 April 2008

A Day at Home

I started to feel unwell on Tuesday. It became worse yesterday and this morning. As a result I spent a day at home today resting. I am much better now.

I took time to watch a teaching about the law of the teacher. I am greatly challenged by it. The speaker spoke with great conviction. He exhorted the audience not to bore people with the Word of God. According to him it is a crime to do so. He also defined the law of the teacher very simply "if you stop growing today you stop teaching tomorrow".

Indeed it is a great privilege to be able to teach the Word of God. It is my responsibility to give my best to this task to do justice to the unsearchable riches of the Word. As I reflected on my recent experiences I must admit that there are times I feel a little tired of teaching. This is not because I do not enjoy teaching. This is due to the rush in preparing for the various lessons I have been given the privilege to teach. For example when I look at my calendar I see 5 consecutive Tuesday nights full of teachings starting this week. This is not considering the other days of the week and the fact that Tuesday is normally a quiet day for me for any kind of teaching/sharing.

Thus I thank God for the challenge, encouragement and reminder given to me through the teaching I watched today. May God help me as I am making some commitments in my heart. Firstly, I am committed to never stop learning and growing. Secondly, I am committed not to bore people with the Word of God to the best of my ability. My best may not be enough but I must give my best.

Before I sign off, I want to be continually reminded of the following Scripture and quote.

"And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others." 2 Timothy 2:2 (NIV)

"I would rather have my students drink from a running stream than from a stagnant pool." A Professor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great entry! big reminder for all teachers..

anyway, i've linked ur blog to mine so dont be amazed by the influx of YYYY readers!

and update, please!! =)

mikeraditya said...

thanks Shirley. all YYYY readers are welcomed. Yes, updating the blog in a few minutes time. :)