Saturday 5 April 2008

Thank God for Care Groups

This week I had the opportunity and privilege to join ten different care groups. It started on Wednesday night where I joined JEDI care group meeting. The care group meeting was held at CN & Christine's place. That night was also their house dedication ceremony.

It was great seeing younger worship leaders emerging. Tian Tian was leading worship that night. Her choice of songs were clearly appealing to the younger adults (YYY generation).

CN & Christine also spent some time affirming different individuals and cast the direction for the quarter 2.

God has been good to them. May God continue to add to the JEDI tribe in the days to come!



On Thursday, six care groups came together to have a sub district cg meeting. May Hoong was in charge of the care group. Adam was chairing and Danny was worship leading. I did the sharing. Adam chaired the care group meeting creatively. He shared a powerful testimony about how God blessed him with around 4 months of bonus as he and his wife put God first even in the area of finance. Danny was natural in leading worship.

I regret that I forgot to take some photos of the care group meeting. Instead let me share with you this picture (taken from somewhere in the internet) that I showed that night. One silly thought that I had about this picture is that "even cats believe in care group."



On Friday, I joined Eugene Chong & Jacqueline's unit care group. The care group meeting was held at Marc & Theresa's place. It was my first time going to their house. They just got married end of last year. It was a good care group meeting. There were two discussion groups. Marc prepared and led the discussion group well. Robert was very creative in how he did his discussion leading.


After care group meeting some of us went to have dinner/supper together at Hongkong Cafe near IKEA. The ambience of the place was good. Indeed good ambience made a difference. We had a good time fellowshipping with one another till around midnight. I only have the picture of the guys. The girls sat somewhere else as the place was pretty crowded.


It always brings me joy to be able to join care group meetings. I always end up leaving the care group meeting feeling refreshed one way or another. Thank God for care groups.

May God continue to help all of us to do better and better in cg life and cg meeting as such that more and more people will give thanks to God for care groups. Amen!

2 comments:

Jeff Chong said...

Appreciate your hardwork Mike!

mikeraditya said...

Hi Ps Jeff. It has been my joy. Appreciate your constant encouragement. :)