Friday 2 May 2008

A Memorable 7 days

The last 7 days have been pretty memorable for me. It started with Saturday. For the first time I was preaching 3 back-to-back full sermons within a day. At the end of 2006 I co-preached with Ps Jeff 4 back-to-back sermons over Saturday and Sunday but it was only for one point and not a full sermon.

It started with the 1st youth service then the 2nd youth service then the tertiary service. I was a little tired during the Tertiary service but it was still managable. Interestingly, it wasn't as bad as I expected (preaching 3 back-to-back sermons). However, I can now identify a little bit with what Ps Ben and Ps Jeff go through for many weekends. Ps Ben & Ps Jeff, if you are reading this I just want to let you know that I appreciate you both much. :)

It is my privilege to be among the younger ones. They are indeed the future of our church. They are God's future leaders for Singapore and the nations. I genuinely like my younger brothers and sisters in youth and tertiary service. They are warm, friendly and enthusiastic for God. I pray that they will continue to grow in their walk with God. I pray that they will embrace the wonderful plan and purpose God has for each one of them in an increasing measure.

Besides Service Sunday was a day filled with quite a number of meetings. Over the years I have come to appreciate the importance of having regular DMM meetings. However, over the years I have learned the importance of doing those meetings more effectively as well. One memorable meeting was my meeting with Danny & May Hoong. Their units joined our district in mid Feb. Initially I took time to get to know the people and observe how they did various things. After some months of doing that last Sunday I shared some of my thoughts about some things they could consider doing or doing differently. It has been a very pleasant experience for me to serve alongside Danny & May Hoong. They are such nice people and leaders. :)

On Monday I had some extended time with some individuals. Ps Jeff spent time with me in the afternoon. At night I met up with CN and Christine. They are leading the JEDI ministry in our church. This couple is really one couple who is truly all out in serving God with all their might and strength. They are really a great role model to others around them and others under their care. May God continue to add to them and their ministry.

On Tuesday, I was teaching a WFL lesson for my district. As a district we are covering a Faith Church material. The WFL committee loved me so much that they asked me to teach three lessons within one session. :) Though it was quite a tough task I thank God for helping me through it. During the lesson I was trying to illustrate about the importance to have a valid object of faith by running to Nexus wall and bang my body against it. Unfortunately, I bang my body a little bit too hard that I felt some pain on it. Next time, I must do it more calculatively. It will be quite silly to injure my body unneccesarily. Also, I should have also mentioned to the people that they should never tried the stunt at home. :)

On Wednesday, some of us, Lean Choo and I were meeting Ps Jeff and Claudia for our regular meeting. They brought us to this pretty nice venue, NTU Alumni house. The ambience and the facilities of the place are pretty cool and attractive. We can definitely use some of their facilities for some YA events in the near future.

Thursday was a public holiday. We had some guests at our house. We had a great time with Tony, Gabriel, Sarah and Jinghe. We talked over snacks and played the Citadels. It was really easy to connect with them. Thanks guys for gracing our home and for the fun time together. :)

Today (Friday) I met and got to know a brother and three sisters from Hope LA. Tonight they were joining one of our YA care group meetings. I will be bringing them to join some various activities on Sunday. It is always good to connect to our international family one way or another.

I thank God for a memorable 7 days.

Before I sign of, my wife reminded me today to put photos in my blog. I guess I have not been doing that in my last several blog entries. As the wise shall listen to others especially when someone is your wife I will just do that in my next blog entry. :)

2 comments:

Jasmine Yeo said...

Good to see that you're more diligent in adding pix in your blog!

mikeraditya said...

he he, thanks for the encouragement Jas. :)